Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is for people who are selected to immigrate to Canada because of their work experience and skills.
This Program is for Professionals and skilled workers around the world who want to immigrate to Canada permanently along with their spouse/partner and dependent children.
Check your Eligibility to Canadian Immigration under Federal Skilled Worker Program
The points required to file for a Canada permanent residency application under express entry depends upon your eligibility which can be determined by using the CRS calculator.
Your immigration to Canada under budget immigration stream influenced by the following requirements:
Age ~ Up to 110 Score
A maximum of 110 points will be awarded to applicants for their age. They can obtain points. The age calculation will be done from the day your application is submitted.
Level of Education ~ Up to 150 Score
A maximum of 150 points is awarded for your education towards your express entry profile. If you have Canadian education, it will provide you additional points in comparison with the same level of education outside Canada. Get the credentials for your education outside Canada can be assessed by an authorized agency in Canada.
Educational Credential Assessment is required to match up your education with the Canadian standards.
Foreign Work Experience ~ Up to 50 Score
Canada immigration points will also be incurred for your work experience up to 3 years. You can obtain points for the number of years you worked full-time that was paid and a minimum of 30 hours weekly. An equal amount of part-time work is also eligible.
Official Language Proficiency ~ Upto 160 Score
Knowledge of English or French will help you in the entry into the Canadian job market. The Language Proficiency test will help you obtain a maximum of 136 (First Language) + 24 (Second Language) points for your language skills assessed for writing, reading, listening, and speaking.
Additional, 50 points will be rewarded towards the 2nd Language proficiency test.
Additional points ~ Up to 600 Scores
- Brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada = 15
- Scored NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills and scored CLB 4 or lower in English (or didn’t take an English test)= 25
- Scored NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills and scored CLB 5 or higher on all four English skills=50
- Post-secondary education in Canada – credential of one or two years = 15
- Post-secondary education in Canada – credential three years or longer = 30
- Arranged employment – NOC 00 = 200
- Arranged employment – any other NOC 0, A or B = 50
- Provincial or territorial nomination = 600